Saturday, February 2, 2013

October 20, 2012

Today had been an ordinary day. Maybe I tried to get too many things done. I did feel very tired and short of breath throughout the day but I just attributed it to the pregnancy. At 8:30pm, I went for my shower. Halfway through I noticed the tub started filling with blood. I thought, "Where could that be coming from?" I looked around and traced the blood back to between my thighs. That's when it clicked... It was the babies. I jumped out of the shower and called my doctor. She said to come first thing in the morning for an ultrasound to see what was going on. I lay in bed terrified but somehow managed to fall asleep. 

At 12:30am, I woke up in tremendous pain and noticed I was laying in a pool of blood. I could barely walk to the bathroom. When I sat in the toilet, a stream of blood poured out of me. When I looked closer, I noticed a large piece of red mass coming out of my vagina. I pulled it out. I was in shock and without thinking threw it in the toilet. Then it hit me... That was probably one of the babies. I tried to find it but the toilet was such a deep shade of red by that point that I couldn't see the bottom. I was devastated. I had just lost one of the babies. I went back to bed praying the other baby would survive.

At 4:30am, it all happened again. I woke up in a pool of blood and with intense pain. Back to the bathroom I went. The stream of blood came and then a splash. This time the large red mass fell out on its  own. I had now lost the other baby. I could not go back to sleep. The tears wouldn't let me.


No comments:

Post a Comment